Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cold and rainy out. Blech.

Day Four? Mercifully over!

Today was pretty dull. More of the usual nursing orientation stuff. Helpful, mostly very much needed, but still tedious. One might even say tortuous. My rear end is not meant to sit in chairs that long! Things are just so different. Sometimes in good ways and other times just different. There are a lot of new protocols, norms, (patho)physiologies, and people to learn. This is round three, so I'm sort of getting the hang of it by now, but it's still stressful.

Today after lunch, I new coworker and I decided to take the speaker's advice and get lost. This place is huge. Way bigger than it looks from the outside! We stumbled across some cool places as we were finding floors we didn't know existed from elevators and doors that seemed to magically appear. Near the end, we headed toward a familiar bank of elevators and were stopped by a greeter who saw our confused looks. As we related our recent adventure, I made some comment that made it very clear that I had know idea we were standing on the threshold to our unit. I was more amused by the feeling of deja vu than embarassment! They might want to keep me under wraps for a few more days...

Gazza seems to be doing ok. We're nearing her limit of consecutive car days, but she seems to be fine. I took her to Fremont tonight and she was clingy, so now I'm going to stay in and read while she snores on my lap. You think I'm kidding? I kind of like how she validates my introversion :)

I heard this on the radio this evening and remembered how much I like it.




PS- I just realized that LJ post was almost two years ago to the day. That's... strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment