Monday, January 31, 2011

An Ode. Fin.

I guess I needed to clarify for some people. This is part three. Part one and two are from a while back. And so without further ado, here you go:

Oh sprinkle cookie, my heart's delight,
This life is tough, it isn't right!
Thousands of miles through this rainy night
Would be my trip for just one bite!

We've had our challenges, yes, it's true,
But through nights and days, we made it through.
I thought of you during the switcheroo
Moving hospital jobs because this I knew:

Whenever I'd go, wherever I went,
You'd always appear, oh heaven sent!
You knew how I loved you, you knew what it meant
To see you at mealtime, oh dreamy time spent!

Now your rich taste I'm craving
(I'm sitting here raving!),
But, injustice of all, I'm calorie saving.
Help me dear cookie- keep me from caving!

Yearning and craving and needing so much,
I'd felt we might be unhealthy as such.
Perhaps over the top or crazy a touch-
It must be unhealthy, this way that I clutch!

So cookie dear, it's important you know
It's not your fault, I'm feeling so-
I love you from your sprinkles to dough
But I love too much, I must let you go!

I'm begging you now, though it kills me to say,
Please stay over there, don't come my way!

1 comment:

  1. You are quite possibly the cutest person I've ever met, dear Wendy.

    ReplyDelete