Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Worth the wait

An Ode... part deux

Oh sprinkle cookie, my heart's delight,
I look on you, a marvelous sight.
It's been so long, my cookie true,
Since our midnight rendez-vous!

The hospital has done its best,
It's put our love to the test.
For the kitchen is closed in the night,
The bars are locked nice and tight.

Now on days, I pass you by
For a healthy salad with a sigh.
I see you there, my heart cries out,
I love you still! Have no doubt!

So here's the plan, what we'll do;
I've found a way for me and you
To reunite sans calories
And fat to clog my arteries!

If we can share, now hear me out,
Our special bond, what we're about
With a girl I know, a friend in need-
We'll show her love, plant the seed.

My shaggy dog, Ragazza, cries
Causing me such woeful sighs.
In the car she pines for me,
Howling oh so plaintively.

Can you calm her, cookie sweet?
I'll warn you now, it's quite the feat!
Let her know I'm never far,
And when I'm gone, there you are.

I know she loves you, eats you up;
You've charmed her too, my anxious pup.
The croissants are second only to you,
The silver bullet in this SNAFU.

For a healthy reunion, here's my plan,
Uniting cookie, dog, and man:
You'll fill her belly with sprinkle delight,
And I'll revel in the wondrous sight!

So as God ordained for it to be,
We're back together, you and me!
Only now a trio, joy all around!
Hooray and let the trumpets sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment