Monday, March 3, 2008

Twenty-something angst

I got all the stuff done for the new hospital today. You know, giving all of your personal information away, being subjected to scrutiny, and then jabbed with a needle for good measure. Yeah, it was fun. Guess I passed.

As I was filling out yet another form with personal information, I noticed it requested my "home phone or cell phone." It only stuck out to me because that's the first formal acknowledgement I've seen anywhere that we are, in fact, moving away from landlines. I now feel like a first rate citizen since I can put my phone number in the first blank... not the third one (after home and work). Ah, to be so easily validated. Ain't it grand?

Not so grand, but perhaps grandly amusing, was my date yesterday. It was so painful, maybe even the most yet. If you think I'm awkward (and we all know I am), you should have been there. The conversation fell to me to hold, and all I could think about is how I wanted to bolt. I couldn't get out fast enough. Stop this insanity! Mike may have competition- Steff may be my best option ;)

I'm thhhhhiiiisss far away from asking my parents to do an arranged marriage for me.



In other news, I've started this Spanish course. It's much different than the way I learned French, and it requires lots of pronunciation practice. So as I've been sick, I've been listening to and repeating back phrases from really dorky sounding people. The poor dog looks up at me occaisionally to make sure I'm not asking her if she is a North American who speaks English.

No comments:

Post a Comment