Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In which I'm not the only one pining for someplace else

This week got off to a rocky start. Let's just say that when the beach water is like bath water, Beast #2 thinks drinking half the Gulf of Mexico is an acceptable way to cool off. My car did not appreciate the after effects. Neither did the carpet. Well, or me. Plus apparently I'm allergic to the Redneck Riviera, and it's SO HOT AND HUMID. The dogs are absolute terrors from boredom and about die if they're outside more than five minutes.

This is not fun and I'm going bonkers along with them. I don't understand why people move here of their own free will.

By Sunday afternoon I was in tears and doing what I'd promised I'd never do- telling Peleke tearfully over the phone (while he was on a work trip, no less) how much I hate the Redneck Riviera (and by extension the Air Force for moving us here). *sigh*

He'll be home this evening, so things are definitely looking up. Plus I had a really nice time at a Sunday BBQ, taco dinner with some friends last night, and tea with a friend this morning. Oh, and I can walk pretty much normally too.

By the way, here's some random Redneck Riviera trivia for you. Within a span of 50 miles, there are the following roads: Punjob Road, Billy Bob Lane, and Costaki Court. Assuming by "punjob" they meant "punjab" (not inconceivable given the region of the US and that "punjob" isn't a real word), that's an interesting smattering of locales represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment