Monday, November 26, 2007

Brilliant, as usual

About a year ago, Michelle took an unannounced hiatus and I fell into a deep depression when thinking she may not start writing again. Thankfully, she came back and all is well in the world again. One of the things I enjoy about her blog is how relatable she is. For example, as I lounged around by the fire today reading and enjoying the sun (or daylight, at any rate), I wondered several times if I'm using this day most appropriately. I nixed hiking because it's cold and rainy. I got groceries (surprise, surprise). I did laundry and cleaned. The rest of the time I relaxed. Part of me felt guilty, but I'm still way behind in the sleep department, so I don't feel that badly. As I just followed up on her latest posting, I see she is feeling the same way on her break,

But this puts a lot of pressure on me to really make the most out of this week of vacation I'm on now. Every second, I'm thinking to myself, "Am I relaxing enough? Am I enjoying myself enough? Am I using this time productively? Are Cal and I bonding enough?" I'm really a fun person.

So for now, I'm calling it all good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment