Thursday, January 22, 2009

An ecureuil by any other name is... Frank

A while back a stuffed duck came into our lives. Gazza gave it a lukewarm welcome, occasionally chewing on it when I tossed it her way, but for the most part he sat in the corner, only marginally worse for the wear. 



Last week when Katie stopped by, we threw the duck around for a bit and Gazza had fun going after it. Finally, he spilled his beans and was retired to the trash. Intrigued by her renewed interest in him, I picked up a stuffed squirrel for her at the store (I know, given her squirrel issues there were probably better options). Thinking I had avoided getting a squeaky toy, I tossed it to her and she toyed around with it for a while. Then I heard a squeak and a thump as she fell of the couch in surprise!

Now a short five days later, Frank has become an integral part of our lives. She carries him everywhere- to bed, outside for breaks, in the car, and anywhere else I'll let her! It's curious- she doesn't seem intent on devouring him but rather just treating him like her baby. "Where is Frank?" is met by frantic searching and then tail wagging as she prances around, only his tail hanging out of her mouth.


What you don't see in this second picture is that she's snuggled up with him under her chin.



Huh, maybe she's not such a Beast after all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment