Wednesday, April 22, 2009

By the light of the moon and a cool night breeze

I want to let you guys know how much I appreciate all your prayers, encouragement, and support. I can't even begin to express to you how wonderfully blessed Peleke and I are- I wish I had more time and emotional energy to share the details! We're excited about all the things to come :)

Thanks also for being so patient and understanding with my absences, both physical and emotional. You all know I'm an introvert (though some might disagree), and I'm trying to process it all (might explain the perpetual deer-in-the-headlights look). As a friend said tonight, eventually it will be normal- you'll set your keys in the same place every day. Isn't that the way it always is when you move? Add on top of that a marriage (even one that you know in your heart of hearts is right), well, I'm not exactly sure what normal is. We'll get there too- we'll make our own normal.

The learning curve is steep, and we expected that. Communication face-to-face is different than email and phone. Finding a rhythm with two people is trickier than with just yourself. Making a home for two takes more effort than for just yourself. Generally getting to know somebody you're going to spend the rest of your life with is, well, a whole new experience... and fun!

So for tonight I'm going to rest easy, surrounded by the thought of Peleke overseas, friends supporting us, and the frogs croaking down below our little house on the hill.

3 comments:

  1. You only forgot one thing....you're also now surrounded by your prize possession, one Miss Boodles Regazza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well yes, that was true last night. and boy did she ever hog the bed! but the night i wrote that, i was instead surrounded by moths and creepy crawlies throughout the florida house- no beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wendy, your blog is sometimes the most comforting thing i have, and i find great solace in reading it

    ReplyDelete