Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rethinking

Sometimes I happen to write a batch of emails (putting it that way makes something personal sound so impersonal) at the same time about recent thoughts and experiences. I don't want to "cut and paste" emails, though, because there are subtly different things I would or wouldn't mention to people. The past few months I've felt a little guilty that more indepth emails to particular people overlap quite a bit, and then when I go to blog, much of what was said in email ends up on this blog too. If it's any consolation, rest assured that you "lucky" email recipients got the thoughts first :)

As I was writing last night, it occurred to me that be the situation as it may, I also appreciate the duplicity. I find multiple tellings help give me different perspectives of whatever experience or thought may be described. I suppose on some level I anticipate the recipient's reactions and tweak the rendition accordingly. It's definitely not as dynamic as an actual interaction, but it's enough to prompt some thoughts I might not have had if I had kept it to myself.

And that, dear friends, is a big reason why I have this darned thing in the first place. So thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment