Monday, October 8, 2007

And if all the other dog butts jumped, would you?

I'd never been to Ikea before last week. I was actually sort of proud to say that, but I wasn't sure why I should be. And now I know. Ikea is a madhouse. Ok, it's cool to have so many options for cheap, and there are in fact some cool things to buy, but on the weekend it's not a whole lot better than Walmart! The flip side of that is if you're in the mood for it, the people watching is great. One particular excursion had a really interesting character:

A dude brought over a hearse from the UK, refurbished it, painted it bright yellow, and drives it around. It gets better- he also bought a casket and painted it John Deere green and secured it in the back. On the passenger seat (our driver seat on this side of the pond), he stuck this creepy looking skeleton dude. I thought, well, maybe he's in the Halloween spirit and got it together early. But in the course of taking a photo, he stopped by and chatted with us; let me tell you, it was no Halloween stunt- he's just that weird. Also, since when does a hearse fit in a "compact" car spot?



In the way of merchandise, there was no shortage of amusing stuff either. For example, what are those things on this rug?? Seahorses with legs? Dragons? Roosters? Perhaps all three?



Personally, I'm a fan of this one- a mosh pit of dog butts. Yes, that's what I said. They're actually mountable so that their tails serve as leash hooks... but dog butts? I almost bought one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment