Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thoughts

I've been lucky with my commutes to work in my past three hospitals. Driving up to Scottsdale Shea in the mornings during nursing school was beautiful as the sun came up behind the Superstitions. I looked forward to the drive as much as the clinical site that I really enjoyed.

I was filled with dread most days as I drove along Lake Shore Drive (LSD, hehehe) to The Hospital, but the drive was also very pretty in the summer with Lake Michigan and the beaches as the sun rose. During the evenings when I drove home, there were people flying brightly colored kites and running and playing volleyball. It was a welcome change from all the sickies at work. Ahh, the days of working, well, days.

My new drive home takes me on I-5 now. The commute doesn't seem to take any longer and is the same distance, but I have my concerns about driving I-5 anyway. However, today I could see the Olympics capped with snow to the west and the Cascades to the east spotted with rays of sunshine. The depth perception was neat and the sky is pretty clear. It's going to be a good day :)

I was thinking how much I'm loving all the fall colors and how i wish fall lasted longer when I saw... a palm tree. Since when do palm trees grow in Seattle?

No comments:

Post a Comment