Monday, March 23, 2009

Last week was gorgeous. On one particularly nice evening, The Beast and I headed to the dunes. She loves running through the woods (hellooooo ticks!), and I was happy to see that she didn't mind the sand (since it'll be a big part of our lives for the next four years). 


We had seen big lumps of ice left over from the winter ice shelves just a few days prior, and I was surprised to see that they'd melted already. The ice debris and remaining moisture created a layer of harder sand in areas where the sand is usually very loose, perfect for writing on. So towards one end of the beach, we ran into a section where people had written all sorts of messages, ditties, and names. My favorite was this one: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And spiders." I doubt even FDR would object, or at least not too much.


And Peleke? We miss you... or at least I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment