Friday, March 20, 2009

Settling in

The Beast is doing really well in this transitional phase. We introduced her to Chuck'n'Rudy outside playing ball, and it was pretty uneventful. Chuck chased her around the field and she played with him a while. Rudy doesn't really care one way or the other as long as he gets to chase the ball. They more or less play alongside of each other, letting the dog closest to the ball bring it in without any fights. She gets a little snarky with Chuck'n'Rudy sometimes, but overall she's pretty tolerant of them and enjoys their company I think. She's picking up their barking habits, though.

Already a defensive barker where I'm concerned (actually a comforting thought when it's just her and me), she sometimes barks when somebody comes into a room. When the boys go nuts at the front door, she's taken to barking along with them too. I've noticed, though, that while they are pawing at the door or focused on something outside, Gazza stands there barking at the ceiling or nothing in particular. I don't think she really gets what they're barking at, she just wants to join the cacophony. Power of the pack, I guess.

Also, we've been sleeping in the downstairs bed, and The Beast's bed hogging tendencies have gotten seriously out of control. I find myself squished over to one side or even sleeping diagonally on the bed to accommodate her. Once Peleke joins us, she'll be hogging the floor, but what with all the recent changes I haven't told her yet. Beast, enjoy this while you can!

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY, Boodles. You're nuts...but i miss you terribly. I will let you hog my bed when i kidnap you.

    ReplyDelete