Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things

Well, last Saturday marked our two week anniversary! No, I promise we're not going to be that couple. You know, the one who celebrates all the arbitrary anniversaries of when they got married, when the first fight was, when the first person decided that Everyone Poops (even spouses!) so why migrate to the downstairs bathroom? Oh, TMI? My bad. Anyway, I just mention it because when else will we be able to say we've been married only a couple weeks and be absolutely correct ("couple" generally implying "two"). Yes, I take a certain satisfaction in that. I suspect Peleke appreciates it too.

So here we are in the hitherto unnamed land of heat and humidity. Actually, it will continue to be unidentified until a suitable name makes itself known. I thought about dubbing it "The Swampy Sauna" but decided that sounds rather negative. Plus it's too long to type out every time (and SS has a decidedly negative connotation).

Of note here, The Beast is on an indefinite vacation at home in Indiana with my parents and brother. Given the chaos of the present and upcoming months, we decided staying put would be better for her. Besides, The Rudy School of Dog hasn't finished with her yet. She ate a loaf of bread and stick of butter off the counter a few days ago. Next lesson? How to get the trashcan out of the cupboard. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment