Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Neither here nor there

So we're back into a routine here... but not for long! I'll drop the beasts off on Saturday and start trucking over to Texas. I'm sure the trip there will be better than last week's trip back- really anything would be better than that crummy finish. I locked myself out at 1:30 in the morning after a ten and a half hour drive. I had to sleep in my car. In the driveway. In the 42 degree night. Now I know, it's not COLD compared to where most of you guys are, however, sleeping in your car when it's 42 degrees out is cold no matter how you cut it. Yes, it is.

Anyway, mostly just managing pain and taking care of the dogs at this point. I think I'm ready to go. Oh, and of course the day after I mention what a luddite I am, I went out and bought a smart phone. * sigh *

Hear me out, though. I got the GarminFone for the GPS (that doesn't require using a data package). Of course, you have to get a data package anyway with a smart phone, but beyond email, don't expect me to be tap-tap-tapping away on my phone. It still kind of scares me. I do like the ability to be an mp3 player, GPS, and camera/video, though!

Oh and completely unrelated to anything I've driveled on about is this: I am totally going to be the old woman who dies of aspiration pneumonia. In fact, I might be the young woman who dies from it. Seriously, I have a major drinking problem. I can't tell if it's related to my non-existant proprioception, lack of situational awareness (that yes, I'm causing as I lift my glass to my lips), or, I don't know, some pathophysiology. Whatever it is, I've aspirated Plax, water, and goldfish crackers in the past two weeks alone. Let the record state, Plax is awful to inhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment