Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Houston, we have a problem...

The whole hospital is colorful and asthetically pleasing, as hospitals go. It smells aseptic for the most part (a bonus in the locker room!), but there really aren't many bare walls (or floors or ceilings for that matter).



At some point they must have hired a specific artist because the style of whimsical painting on many of the walls are the same- from the radiation rooms and elevator banks to the hallways scattered throughout the hospital. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the style, but whatever- it's something other than sterile white to look at, and it's themed. Art is like a party- add a theme and it's a winner.

As I was standing by a space themed location in the hospital, I noticed this particular part of the mural:



And then I cringed. I could maybe handle the ears of various animals sticking out of their space helmets, but the elephant's trunk?? You're killin' me here! But then again, he is spewing stars out of his trunk all creationist story style, so maybe I should just go with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment