Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waiting for Godot

You know, there is probably some pithy comment to be made about a parallel between this article and my life... but it escapes me at the moment.

It reminds me of a nursing home resident where I did a rotation in nursing school. He was convinced he was in a hotel and adament that he get out and back to whatever his business was. He spent the majority of his waking hours on the couch at the nurses station pestering them to let him check out and grumbling about the shoddy service at the "hotel." It was sad, but I won't lie- it was also kind of amusing. He was sweet and obviously had a work ethic, but he also couldn't function outside the facility. Sometimes he would get belligerent and then it was really sad.

I can't help but think a similar bus stop might prove helpful in his situation. I like the idea. Call me what you will, but I've seen enough in my short career to consider it a valid method.

No comments:

Post a Comment