Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Inadvertent self promotion

I got this blog tracker thing mostly out of curiosity. But more than anything I think it's made me more curious! I'm not getting all that many hits, relatively speaking, but who are you people? I've never heard of some of the cities, and I certainly don't know the countries based off dots on a map!

I wish I had started at least recording the countries for my own personal knowledge, but I suppose the ClustrMap will have to do for that. The Site Meter thing only records the last one hundred visits. Or more accurately, I'm not curious enough to start shelling out dollars to keep a more detailed record.

But the past hundred have included Spain, Germany, UK, Austria, India, Ireland, Canada, and the UK. I think a lot of those posts came from various Google searches, but I don't understand why my personal pictures were coming up on them. Are my Picassa photos searchable? Also, it says since this past March, I've had 1,646 site visits and 2,545 page views. Not that I completely understand what that means (though I know it's not counting my visits), but the numbers are biggish.

Anyway, this whole internet community thing is really interesting, but more than anything I'm really curious who these people are and why, if at all, they continue to read this stranger's blog. I'd love to be up among the ranks of The Underwear Drawer, Dooce, Mighty Girl, and Dad Gone Mad, but wouldn't we all?

Oh well, it's all very interesting anyway. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment