Friday, November 14, 2008

Before the 55 pound beast crawls onto my lap for the evening

The Beast does reasonably well during the strings of days when I work (of course, today was my last day until mid January, but whatever). I feel a little bad* because by day three, she obviously has accumulated energy that even Bob can't run off in two or three hours. Plus she gets all attention-needy. 

She has started doing this thing now when I get home and take her out to do business. She hobbyhorses down the hallway, doubling back to me, front paws in the air as she dances on her hind legs. And then when we walk out, she hops and pounces her way to the grass. The thing is, though, she holds her head up high, sniffing the air and everything she passes by. She's so giddy that it makes me feel like I'm taking a prisoner who has been in isolation for a month outside for the first time! She lollygags the whole way back inside and then tears and leaps back to our door. I laugh every time, but a little part of me feels guilty. 

And then I think about how I only work three days a week and that she goes to the dog park for several hours every day. At least. Dog? You and me, we're ok.

*bad vs badly? May I direct you here? I love, love, love this woman- I give you permission to geek out and read her other stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, you take care of your dog better than most people, and you do so much for her....don't feel guilty!
    Did I read that correctly, you're not working again until January? Why? Is this a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence :) Nah, just starting nights this coming week until January. I guess that's sort of a good thing...

    ReplyDelete