Thursday, November 6, 2008

In which I sit ten feet from my idol and squeal like a little girl

Matt Nathanson quickly became one of my favorite singers after I first heard of him. I could listen to him nearly any day at any time. So you might understand my sadness when I say I wasn't able to get tickets to his show last night. Fate, however, smiled upon me today (incidentally, it was possibly the only thing shining today. Rain, rain go away...)

Walking out of an unplanned stop at Barnes and Noble, I did a double take when I saw a poster of him... advertising a show... at B&N... for free... tonight. I went all seventh grade girl in the store and hopped around on my good foot when they handed me wrist bands for two people. Oh man. So Erica and I had another fabulous date night tonight (despite the rocky start to the evening). 

My buddy Matt didn't disappoint. In fact, his band played as well and entertained us with good humor. He even gave an impromptu reading of Nicole Richie's new book "The Truth About Diamonds." He was as disgusted as the rest of us and tossed it off stage. Nice. I would highly recommend his shows.

Matt? I love you.

From November 2008

1 comment:

  1. What a great show!! And I got to touch him! :) I may not wash that hand ever again(6th grade crush style.) ha ha Well, ok, realistically I have washed that hand. But anyway, fun show!! Thanks for talking me into it, Wendy. P.S. No more burgers at Johnny Rockets.

    ReplyDelete