Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Are we there yet?

I'm exhausted. The Beast got nearly a liter of IV fluids at the vet today. I'd like to tell you I was all cool, calm, and collected, but that would be a lie. I was not collected at all. I was up for nearly 24 hours before finally being able to pass out. The poor dog was so weak that she was having trouble walking and holding her head up. As I was actually carrying the limp 55 pound beast into the kitchen, I had a fleeting sensation about how it must be for the parents of the kids we work with.

The dog seems to be settling down. When we woke up at nine tonight, she seems to have regained some appetite and is able to walk around well enough. I boiled a chicken breast for her- very possibly the first thing I've cooked in months! Do you hear that Beast? You owe me. Right now, though, your normal bouncy step and funny head tilt would do just fine...

So, cross your fingers. Also, let me know if you can suggest any good car detailers around. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment