Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nightminds

You were blessed by 
A different kind of inner view
It's all magnified
The highs would make you fly
But the lows make you want to die
And I was once there
Hanging from that very ledge where you are standing
So I know, I know, I know
It's easier to let go


Thinking about this one today. 

I heard it said once that we should strive to be like the moon. I can't relate exactly how they phrased the rationale, but it's something like this: everybody loves a bright moon- it's like a sunny day without the scorching. Personally, I love walking quietly in the dark. It's a little more difficult to do in the city for obvious safety reasons, but I love it. I probably get this from my parents- we used to walk in the woods at night. While sometimes it terrifies me, it also brings me a unique calm and clarity. I'll never claim to be a night person, but I do love taking those quiet walks outside. Whether it's under a dazzling quilt of stars or under a friendly, silver moon, I crave it. Especially tonight.

"Confessions to the Moon" by Andy Everson

No comments:

Post a Comment