Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Change your mind

Erica and I had our "date night" tonight. It was fabulous :)

We dodged the bikers, skaters, boarders, runners, and strollers around Greenlake with the poor dog and then made our way to Spud Fish & Chips. Mmm. I may have converted her to the fishy side! A family fell in love with Gazza and wanted to keep her, but I told them she's a ferocious Beast, so they gave her back :)

After getting afore mentioned Beast tucked in at home, Erica and I scooted off to the Showbox- a first for both of us. To avoid standing out in the cold (ah yes, fall is here), she took me to a gellato place across the street. Oh man. Nothing good can come of this- it was so tasty! A small cone of "burnt cream" later, we were shuffling into the venue with the rest of the show-goers. 

Now, before you tell me you don't know who Sister Hazel is, you might be surprised- youtube them (most of the videos have the embed feature disabled). The show was awesome. Their music draws you in and you find yourself singing along and getting lost in it all. They're also hams on stage :) I've fallen in love with them all over again and will jump at the chance to see them again! Also, I now have an irrational urge to go to the Western Florida coast to watch the sunset and then drive east to watch it rise over the Atlantic (courtesy of Chasing Daylight). Yeah. 

Incidentally, five a.m. was a good opener band too. Worth checking out:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! It sounds like you are having such a fun time in your life right now! The descriptions you give of where you live make me so jealous as I rot away in the heat of Phoenix. Keep it up! :)

    love
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night! Let's do it again soon. Especially the gelato part!! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete