Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trusting... with half a heart

A college friend's mother is fighting cancer. She's my mom's age and it has been an uphill battle all the way. His family is devastated, to say the least. In an email update, he put it this way:

"I would ask again for your prayers, and if you feel you are able, please continue to pray for her healing. We are not delusional, stranger things have happened, but we also recognize the dire reality of the situation and are committed to doing what we can for her until she should be called from this earth."

That part of his email has been coming to mind a lot the past few days. It's an example of faith as clear and simple as it could be. I'm not sure I could be so faithful if it were my mom. I'm sure there's something I can take from this to apply to my thoughts of late. It has been incredibly hard to wait (and trust!).

And I guess I'd also ask of you the same thing- please pray what you feel you can for this amazing family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment