Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I kissed men goodbye

Actually, I didn't. I'm still looking/waiting for the right one, but in the meantime I've found a steady companion- Ragazza! What's that, you ask? She is a two year old, forty-five pound, pre-trained, amazing labradoodle! At least, I think she's amazing (I have it on good authority that she is). I'll pick her up from the breeder in the coming weeks. I'm so excited! :)



And speaking of cooking, my fridge is even worse than previously mentioned. The contents now consist of:
six (!!!) sticks of butter
two Ensures
one package of English muffins
half a bottle of syrup
half a bottle of rice milk
one jar of preserves
The interesting thing is that its contents have barely made a dent in my eating habits. That is to say, my freezer is well stocked.


Changing gears here, this past weekend was great! Shawn and I went to see the Paperboys up in Bellingham on Saturday night (don't tell them, but the John Butler Trio was sold out and they were next on the list). Despite the fact that it was freezing up there, we had a good time. Bellingham seems like a cool town, and Pepper Sisters hit the spot for dinner! WARNING: gushing ahead:

Seeing as how there were only five people on stage instead of more than ten this time, I figured the Paperboys would be good but maybe not as good as the first show Laura and I had gone to... I was so wrong! The Wild Buffalo venue is more intimate than the Tractor- as in, I was next to Tom Landa at the bar! *swoon* We talked about how Shawn got his hands on his first tape, which Tom himself doesn't even have, and some other things that I don't quite remember because I was still processing the fact that we were even talking :p During the intermission we talked again (with Geoffrey too!) and even got a picture together! Sort of. Shawn's camera lost the photo and threw me into unspeakable despair :(

The show itself was a lot of fun. The people at the Wild Buffalo are a different sort than at the Tractor- they were a friendly crowd, all dancing with abandon (one women with a little too much abandon...). A woman I had spoken with briefly in the bathroom shouted across the floor "this one's for you Indiana!" when Tom dedicated part of a singalong to the Midwest (a la John Cougar). Wee! That definitely wouldn't have happened in Seattle! I have never wished I could dance more than during those three hours :)

Laura called me a groupie and she might have a point. I felt like such a teenie-bopper, but seriously? It was The Paperboys and they are amazingly cool in person too! I just can't help smiling :)

6 comments:

  1. Your dog is ADORABLE! Better keep an eye on her. I MIGHT steal her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute doggie, Wendy! I can't wait to meet her. I must say - i think my fridge might beat yours:
    - 2 sticks of butter. ~4 individually wrapped little butters.
    - milk
    - old white wine
    - unopened champagne given to me as gift i think over a year ago.
    - choco chip cookie dough
    - chocolate syrup
    (link)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is anonymous? We should have dinner sometime with the combined contents of our refrigerators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that may just be the most retarded and oblivious blog conversation I've ever had! I owe an apology... "link" = Lenka :)

    ReplyDelete