Thursday, December 6, 2007

Waiting for my sheets to finish drying

Holy smokes! I've reached over a thousand visitors to the blog! I don't know how I feel about that. I'm suddenly feeling very conscious of the fact that people across the world are reading my idle ramblings. I don't write anything I wouldn't want the world to know, but it's still weird to think people across the world do know... even if they are just my friends :)

Seattle has been stereotypically Pacific Northwest this past week. Lots of rain and gloomy out. However, "gloomy" isn't part of my normal vocabulary anymore. Terms regarding light have been simplified to "night" and "day," so this gloomy has been outright bright for me! Speaking of redefining- a month later, I'm still finding myself winding down and catching up on sleep. I find myself going through one of those cycles of life, trying to get back to who I think I am but then finding that of course I can't regress in personal growth. I don't even want to be who I was! Even so, there are aspects of personality that are enduring, and sleep deprived lunacy isn't one of mine. Lunacy, yes, but not sleep deprived.

In my mind, certain things are part of Seattle's personality as well. A few months ago Shawn and I went biking down to Golden Gardens and Shilshole and saw one of those aspects:



In an odd sort of way, it reminded me of Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment