Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No real form to this entry...

Worst idea of the month: stick rolls of tourniquets in our modules that require each tourniquet to be pulled off at the perforations. Dude, they're elastic- I about took my eye out with one!

As I was driving up "Pill Hill" to work last night, I noticed that the personal belongings that had been scattered in the street the past week were finally cleaned up. I had been amused at the area the things had managed to cover; it was as if whomever they belonged to had exploded. Wait, that's kind of gross actually. Anyway, that section of James that crosses under I-5 is a colorful stretch. There are always panhandlers and every morning I get on the freeway, I see clumps of people sleeping under the on ramps. One of my favorite things I've ever seen in that area, though, is the pigeon man.

I first saw the pigeon man this fall, strolling down the hill with his cart of worldy belongings. He had a bag of what I assume is birdfeed from which he would draw handfuls of seeds and scatter them around him as he walked along. He did it very mechanically, though I've seen him smile a time or two. What amazed me are the pigeons (*shudder*) that flocked on and around him. As he walked along the sidewalk, nobody could pass by him without walking through a wall of feathers, and even the cars were swerving away from the curb! I couldn't take my eyes off of this man who was just walking along with zillions of flying rats. I'm obviously not a fan of pigeons, but for a second I found myself wanting to walk alongside him in his bubble of birds.

As a closing note, I've given up trying to figure out who is reading this from the ClusterMap. My geography isn't that good and I think a few random people have stumbled upon my rambles.

No comments:

Post a Comment