Sunday, December 30, 2007

Waiting for Munoz to get into SEATAC



She had a rough night. Actually, we both did. I got in touch (thanks to some tearful phone messages this morning) with a few local behaviorists. One is coming on Wednesday to get started. In the meantime, I'm keeping Gaza with friends and family when I'm away (bless you a zillion times over, you guys!). She has severe separation anxiety unrelieved by anything I can possibly think of... and Xanax. That's right, we've only been together nine days and already I'm drugging my dog for her own safety.

Now is the time for my heartfelt apologies to dog owners in the past whom I've silently judged when they say their dogs have separation anxiety: Dude, I am so sorry and I feel for you!

So life has been quieter than usual of late, what with being homebound or carting a dog around. Went to see the Paperboys last night- amazing as usual :D Somewhat not as cool given the scenario awaiting me back at the homestead, but the Paperboys didn't disappoint at the Tractor. I need to learn to dance. Seriously.

1 comment: