Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

While I did set my alarm last night, I didn't save it and it went off this morning at eleven instead of nine. Even so, I managed to get a hike in with Rachel and Katie. We went to Discovery Park (yes that counts as a hike) and got quite a surprise- snow! And lots of it!



I would say we got well over an inch, but I'm a terrible judge of age, height, group size, and snowfall, so add or subtract a bit as you will. By the end of the hour and a half, we were pretty cold and wet, but it was worth it :)



It really did stick on the ground, though. It's now 3:30am and most of it seems to have melted, but there are still patches of snow. The roads were pretty bad earlier in the evening. My back porch was reminiscent of Chicago last winter but to a much lesser degree:



On the subject of snow, there's a tree in front of the elevators at work that's decorated with fake snow and tinsel. It's also decorated with no less than six cardinals. The cardinal is the state bird of Indiana, and I've never even seen that many in the woods behind our house on any given day! The tree is colorful though :)

1 comment:

  1. Cardinals? That's weird. You should steal them.

    ReplyDelete