Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Officially in my "late-twenties" now

If you're looking for lots of laughs, check out Hoops and Yoyo . Marimar sent me a card of theirs years ago and my family has been hooked ever since. It appears they've got quite a following! Watch the clock while you're at (on?) the site- it's a time vortex. Consider yourself warned!

Fortunately for me, my time of late has only been limited by when the next dose of whathaveyou is due. Gazza has been really understanding and just slept for the last two days, but today she started getting a little antsy. I decided to suck it up, load up on ibuprofin, take the inhalers... and then take her around Greenlake. If I wasn't exhausted before, I am now.

Even if it includes watery eyes and gasping breaths, I always appreciate getting out, though. I was contemplating why seeing a clear view of the Cascades and Olympics always makes me smile and feel good. The best I could come up with is like a baby being swaddled- you're being cradled by something big and powerful but inviting all the same.

As I slooooowwwwwwllllyyy made my way around the lake, I took the time to carefully watch the people go by. Of course there were the usual Greenlake walkers, awesomely captured in Pemco's latest ad (not posted on YouTube yet, sadly), but also the random assortment of other Seattlites too. Gazza, desperate for other canine company, tried to get every dog to play with her. Poor, neglected dog! I got a kick out of seeing a guy running with an Indiana shirt on. As my Indiana sweatshirt registered, we simultaneously did the smile and point thing as he jogged past.
On a parting note, I don't understand why people assume Gazza is a boy. It's obviously a bit difficult with dogs sometimes, but that's why she has a pink leash and collar! Is it her beard?

No comments:

Post a Comment