Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pictures are working again!

We went to Bab's Dock today. It's a little place started by a European couple. They made a mini-resort on a lake about an hour away. Most of the drive is along a sandy beach road lined with giant palm trees and littered with goats, pigs, chickens, mostly naked children, and trash (it's inescapable here- there's no trash service and so it's everywhere. Another story for another time). The people were kind of funny- it looked as if somebody went down the road shooting a tranquilizer gun at random- kids and adults alike just lay where they fell in mid-morning naps. Once we got to the dock, we hopped into a taxi boat that took us through a mangrove and then across the beautiful clean (as far as we could tell) lake to Bab's Dock. Given that the size and beauty of the lake, it surprising isn't private. We pulled up and walked off the pier, sections buoyed by empty oil drums and bobbing individually so that you had to be careful not to trip over the gaps.









Reed mats with cushions on them were scattered across the waterfront. There's no beach, just some stairs into the shallow water to play volleyball or go swimming. Off the pier you could play in the kayaks and canoes or the little sailfish type boat. It was an idyllic day watching the boats cross back and forth across the lake and capsizing, an assortment of people playing volleyball, and the rest of us stretched in the sun and rolled into hammocks. For my part, I spent half the day swinging in those and the other half on the ground. I read most of my brainless book and relished the fresh air, relative quiet, and beautiful view. In short, I did a whole lot of nothing in the shade. And then I came back for a long nap through dinner. While I'm still very tired, I think I'm over the exhaustion. I'm learning the benefit of forced relaxation :)






So tomorrow I shall tackle cleaning the bathroom and some work related things (both need to be done and it's my turn). I'll walk to the HC in the morning with Rebecca for the morning service there. And that's all I'm planning for since things always seem to happen. Since you're constantly surrounded by friends, somebody is always going somewhere or having an interesting conversation. I'm working monday through wednesday evenings, so i'm reserving what little energy I have for that.
.



A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment