Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stuff and things

As I was talking with a friend from back home, these thought slipped out into the chat that I thought I'd share.

I think the reason this whole current living situation works, Peleke over There and me over Here, is because the intensity of life aboard the AFM is almost as intense as the separation from him. Yes, that makes for an emotionally intense several months after an already intense few months leading up to it. But strangely enough, it's almost as if the simultaneous experiences are evening each other out. Maybe it's just a simple case of distraction, but I like to think being surrounded by intensity is validating and supportive. Does that make sense?

I don't talk much about Peleke on here, other than the obvious fact that we're separated because of his work and that I miss him immensely. The lack of details is on purpose; I have a set of guidelines for what I will and won't blog about. Rest assured he's never far from my mind. I'm sure everybody on the ship knows that already... and I thank them profusely for supporting us through the ups and downs of current life! And also, thanks for the thoughts and prayers- I, for one, find them very encouraging!

Right, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment