Monday, September 14, 2009

Sleep time

Why are these comforters not long enough to simultaneously cover your shoulders and feet? Seriously. My feet are cold enough as it is! I feel bad for everyone taller than me.

And speaking of feet, I'm a socks kind of girl. Yes, I wear them with my sandals, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! I've never been a fan of going barefoot either- inside or outside, but I'm getting used to it here. I wasn't sockless this often even in Arizona! I put some on tonight for the first time in weeks. Strange feeling.

Back to the sleep thing- I thought the regular earplugs were helpful except for the fact they fall out in the middle of the night. Then one of my roommates gave me some of her wax, moldable earplugs, and I was in heaven. No generator noises make it through! All I can hear is my own breathing and heartbeat. Ahhhh. The morning alarm clock is a bit of a problem since I don't always hear it, but at least I'm sleeping better...

At any given time, usually one of the six of us is working. We rarely have to wait to shower or use the bathroom- a lucky break for us :) Until recently (an awesome physiotherapist joined us last week) I was the only medical worker in the room; everyone else is housekeeping, HR, hospitality, sales, or dining staff. We hail from Korea, Germany, the UK, and of course the States. Admittedly, I was worried at first, but it was unfounded- we have the best room ever. Lots of laughter and respect.

And with that, I'm headed to bed! We walked around Cotonou for about three hours today- hot and tiring. I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment