Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wedding '09 - playtime at Culver

Several cars drove down to Culver to celebrate the afternoon and evening of the wedding. We took the boat out to go skiing, but none of us had much success with so many people weighing down the boat (nine or ten of us in all). It was windy and chilly but a lot of fun! Two guys jumped ship to see if that would relieve enough weight for me to get up, but alas, no such luck!







At the very end Paul not only got up but dropped a ski to slalom. Hooray for success!


Paul: water skiier extraordinaire!



After quite a day, we were treated to a beautiful sunset across Lake Max. We had an excellent dinner family style, though we couldn't all fit at the one table. This first couple is one of Peleke's good friends and his fiancee. Exciting!




We watched the day slip into night and then decided a fire was in order.



The bugs chased us inside after a bit. I mean really, I was waiting for the house to take off over the lake, carried along by the swarms of them. Creepy. As we sat in the back porch, the buzzing was incredible!


I suppose it's fitting the day we got married ended at the place where we met thirteen years ago. I'm sure I speak for the both of us when I say it meant so much to share the entire day with such good family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment