Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bored bored bored

I don't do nights well, that's no secret. On my nights off, I more or less stick to the same schedule so that my body doesn't revolt and decide it's never time to sleep. The problem with this is that nights off are typically pretty boring. It's great to sit by the fire and read, write, watch movies, and do some work, but in the end it's pretty sedentary. Sometimes I take The Beast for walks and go get breakfast up the street, but mostly we hang out at home (especially when it's cold and rainy. Yuck.).

Gazza sleeps all day with me, with the exception of the few hours the dog walker has her. She also sleeps all night with friends when I work. On nights that I'm home, however, she sleeps lightly, keeping an ear out for the sound of my keys, the door opening, or other such indicators that I'm not five feet from her. I've given up trying to be sneaky and let her sleep because she wants to know what I'm up to. 

The other morning about three, I got up from the chair by the fire and she woke up startled. I grabbed this picture and it still makes me laugh:

No comments:

Post a Comment