Sunday, December 28, 2008

It hurts my brain

I found a nail in my tire, and while the tire hadn't gone flat in the probable weeks the nail had been lodged in there, Dad said it had to come out. I kept putting it off so that I have only myself to blame for what happened next. The day I had finally put aside hours for some quality time at the tire place fell two days after that first big snow storm here.

I made my way to Les Schwab thinking it would be an hour or so, but it ended up being three and a half hours before I finally drove outta there! It was amusing in a sad sort of way to watch the patrons freak out over the wait. It's not like the workers were slacking, there were just a lot of people! Besides, they provided free wifi- a nice service (too bad I didn't bring the laptop). So as I sat there idly playing with the dog, reading magazines and my book, and people watching, I basically had all the posters and tire displays memorized. 

There was one particular poster, though. It was like a train wreck- so awful you can't look away. It makes me cringe on the inside every time I look at this photograph, and yet I can't stop... 


The EKG tracing is backwards! I can't handle these kinds of things.

End note: turns out the screw was so tiny that it hadn't actually punctured through all the way. The guy was nice enough to just smile at me and wave me away, no charge. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I laughed when I read this. I have a big nail in my tire for weeks now and my mom keeps telling me I need to go get it taken care of. I'm with you though, if it hasn't popped yet, just leave it in! :)

    ReplyDelete