Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Please take a number

It occurred to me this past week that a number of people "reading" this blog are actually referred via Google Image searches. I'm debating the merits of labeling my pictures from now on as wenikio1, wenikio2, etc versus continuing as I currently do (meaning labeling them appropriately).

On the one hand, the current labeling method obviously creates referrals, which is good I think. On the other hand, I don't know how many of those referrals actually ever come back to read the blog for its merit alone (assuming this has any). So if that's the case, my numbers are skewed because they aren't exactly onetime "reads." Those visits are just one time picture views. Considering that some of my pictures aren't even mine, is it fair to count readers drawn to others' photos with my labels?

I suppose the bigger question is does it even matter? It does a little to me because I find it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment