Monday, March 10, 2008

But I got free lunch and snacks!

Day One? Complete!

It was about what I had expected. The nursing orientation is tomorrow and then on with the further specialty orientation/training. I feel like I'll never get out of orientations! But here are a few highlights from today:

Did you know JCAHO is now called The Joint commission? Whenever the DOH or JCAHO comes to visit a hospital, management always freaks out. So next time they come, I'm going to proclaim, "prepare the way for the big JC!" Heh, that should be interesting. To me.

In order to even be eligible to park in the garage on campus at this hospital, you have to have been hired prior to 1996. Dude, I couldn't even drive then! But they have some cool incentives to use alternative transportation. If I can figure out what to do with the beast when I work, I'll do just that.

As I was on a break in the hallway, I was walking along, looking at pictures and information posted on the walls. I started reading the history of the hospital, set up as a flowing set of pictures, when I saw this photo in the collage:



While it may mean nothing to you, we have that exact picture on our refrigerator at home. In Indiana. Which is to say, it's my dad! Small world, this is.

While I was hearing about why I can't park on campus and how to become one of the gang, Gazza was saved from her torture chamber by a friend. He took her to Magnuson with his two dogs for an afternoon of rain, mud, and swimming. Thought these pictures were fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment