Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Um, hello?

Again with the 1980's National Geographics. I'm loving this!

"Questions arise. If we can screen out all but the news that interests us most, will we grow parochial? If we shop and pay bills from home and carry less cash, will streets be safer? Must employees who work at home with company computers be electronically monitored? Will children stimulated by computers grow up to find effective cures for poverty, hunger, and war?"
~"The Chip: Electronic Mini-marvel" by Allen Boraiko (NG October 1982)

Heh. I don't think I need to add my thoughts regarding this because we probably all find it amusing :) Funny to think the microchip was still a relatively new concept when I was a baby.

Changing gears, I love my dog. Man do I love her. I talked with Katie (Tweedle-dee, RN) yesterday, and I can't tell you how much I miss her. I was surprised and thoroughly amused when, after telling her about Gazza, she asked, "so do you ever hang out with people anymore?" She's totally right. I've really slacked off recently and notice a corresponding decrease in social skills. Those are use it or lose it things for me. I sort of disappear into my own head, coming out occaisionally to interact with the dog and perform necessary life functions. Or play outside. On the one hand, I fit nicely into the bulk population of Seattle this way, but on the other hand, it's probably not the healthiest thing .

This is to say, I left my two biggest social catalysts in Arizona and Chicago. So feel free to pester me until I get out.



No comments:

Post a Comment