Friday, March 28, 2008

Ready for the weekend

Holy moly, I jinxed us all with that last post- it snowed today! Jeez. So much for in like a lion, out like a lamb... Incidentally, apparently they don't teach that phrase in Arizona. Understandable, I guess, but I had figured it was just one of those things everybody knows. Kind of like "olly olly oxen free" or "thirty days hath September."

As ironic as this may seem, I haven't had much to say. I'm in a place where I'd rather just be. I joined a running club, though. On Tuesday I ran a whopping twelve minute mile, but on Thursday I ran a ten and a half minute mile, both of which were around Greenlake. While that may be laughable to most of you, I was quite proud of myself (and my heart and knees for not exploding). The people are super friendly and fun to run with. Gazza even ended up in a Seattle PI blog!

Tuesday may well have been the first time in my entire life that I actually enjoyed running with people. I learned that if you can't hold a light conversation while you run, you're running too fast. That made me happy, but it also slowed me down and that didn't make me so happy. But yes, I'm officially running now. You should come join!

Part of the reason I caved to peer pressure and went is because I need to feel more in control than I have lately. I find myself reminding myself that I don't need to be stressing about anything because everything is as it should be (that was an awkward sentence to write out). I'm just a worrier, especially when I don't understand what is going on around me. Must... have... control....

Lastly, I think toilet paper that is marketed as eco-friendly isn't a reflection on how biodegradable or recycled it is, but rather how much it feels like cardboard, thereby reducing your overall TP use in the name of a comfortable bum. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment