Saturday, March 1, 2008

Looking for the Fun Factory

I made it a priority to actually clean the car today, not just throw out easily accessed trash and call it good. Gazza isn't a smelly dog, but wet dog is still wet dog and the car had a distinct, um, odor. It's better now!

I was actually enjoying the treasure hunt it turned out to be. I found Playdough! Over the past year, it's not the most random thing I've accumulated "back there somewhere." Somewhere along the line, I became one of those people whose car is always scattered with maps and random stuff. It happened in Chicago and the best of intentions here were laid to rest- this is the first real cleaning since I moved to Seattle!

The list of cargo shrinks and grows predictably with my schedule, but there are a few items that have stayed put. For quite a while my sleeping bag and quilt were in the back (and used not infrequently!). I've divided my findings into two (somewhat overlapping) categories. The Perfectly Understandable list includes:
football/kites/frisbee
hiking boots/three hats/four pairs of gloves
toilet paper/bottle of wipes
Nalgene bottles galore (and a Nalgene top that doubles as a light)
snowchains/ice scraper/bungee cords

The More Difficult to Justify list includes:
stack of paper plates
two sticks
a big rock
three frames
Playdough

I'm sure they were all very important at one time because Lord knows I've practically lived out of my car for various amounts of time. However, today was the day to get rid of that junk. Gotta make room for trips, now that the dog has has a summer home in the back.

I'm sure you wanted to read an accounting of what has taken up residence in my car. Time well spent on a Saturday evening, I say. Second only to seeing Missy Higgins in concert! Hooray!! Off to the Sound of White... and to play with lime green Playdough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment