Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Instead of dancing (or trying to) at The Paperboys show tonight like I had planned for the last month, I'm in my amazing purple leather chair in my banana pajama pants and doing stuff for work. As much as I'd like to blame this lameness on work, blame actually lies with the dog. In her quest to see how much I really love her (and by that I mean how much I'll spend on her), the beast broke her nail today. Hah, you scoff.

My dog, the one who doesn't make noise, who didn't even whimper when over a hundred porcupine quills were pulled from her face and legs, cried when I touched the broken nail. After some friendly advice, I took her to a vet (thankfully not the emergency vet... waaaay too pricy. Sorry pooch!). I'd like to say I was all cool, calm, and collected, but as I watched from the other room, I failed. They put a muzzle on her (standard protocol, understandably) and it took two people to hold her while they clipped/cleaned/cauterized the nail. I heard her cry through the muzzle and then started crying too. That's right, I'm cold-hearted enough to restrain adults and children in the hospital... but I lose it when my dog cries. Pansy. For what it's worth, the vet and technician both complimented her manners.

Just so we're clear, I'm not complaining. For all her social promotion, she can be equally socially restrictive, but I am so in love with this dog. We spent yesterday morning at Golden Gardens with a very cool Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Levi and his equally cool owner. They wrestled and played ball for several hours while I got to make another friend on the shores of Puget Sound. Hard to beat that. As much as I love The Paperboys, I loved that even more :)





And yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment