Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Waiting for my real life to begin

Day Two? Finito!

More points of interest today:

The hospital is researching costs to find the best way to deal with parking and commuting as more inpatient beds are added. To build a new parking structure, the cost per parking spot ends up at approximately $60,000. Wow.

During a talk about "normalization of variance," the fire alarm went off. The speaker paused, explained that they've been doing maintenance on them, asked if anyone felt uncomfortable proceeding, and then continued her talk through the flashing lights and alarms. Nice. Nothing like living by example!

A few days ago I noticed a huge sliver of something in Gazza's elbow. I tried to pull it out, but it was too deep and I couldn't grip it. When we went to the vet's today (Giardia. Again.), I asked her to check it out. She had more success, and as we all crowded around, looking at the sliver, she said, "if I didn't know any better, I'd say it's a porcupine quill." Actually, it was a porcupine quill... from over six months ago! It only just now worked its way out. This dog never ceases to amaze me. But next time? Maybe next time something like a silver dollar would work just as well for my purposes.

The past two days have been anxiety-inducing and nights have not been very restful (see: Giardia). However, I think I'll like this job a lot! Here's a little video I've been enjoying. Maybe it'll make you smile and relax a little bit too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment