Friday, March 14, 2008

Thoroughly mesmorized by my binary clock

Day five? Completed! Hooray!!

And now begins unit orientation. Oh man.

I'd been planning to see Michael Chapdelaine at Dusty Strings in Fremont tonight for a while. You know, free concert and awesome guitarist (plus they allow well-behaved dogs). I didn't know one guitar could make so many sounds! For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about how much he looks like the guy from Quantum Leap! I wish some friends had been able to appreciate him with me, but it's a friendly crowd there :) The following clip is only a small sample of the stuff Michael can do. Again, he is awesome...



Work was ok this morning, and it got better when one of the speakers brought in some pie for Pi Day. What? You don't know what that is? Look at the date!

After that, though, things took a nose dive for a few hours. Suffice it to say, expected funds didn't make the leap from work to my bank account. A certain automatic withdrawal will need the money tomorrow... and I unexpectedly don't have it. And amidst those frantic phone calls, my phone died. And then I got stranded in the parking lot, late for my first day on the unit. Yeah, it just kept getting better and better. They turned back around quickly too, though (ha, guess I'm getting a hint of how things will work with peds). The second half of the day on the unit was good. I think I'm really going to like it (if I can get over how small and sick they are).

A friend kept Gazza at his place after picking her up from the car in the afternoon (and driving me back to the hospital...), so I picked her up there this evening. She was having so much fun with the other two dogs that it seemed a shame to bring her home! After the five day car stint, new house with two dogs, and a concert, she's pretty wiped. To be honest, I am too. In fact, I'm going to bed at 10:30 on a Friday night and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment