Friday, May 23, 2008

Having an emergency?

We've got you covered!



My hospital uses 5S, "a philosophy and a way of organizing and managing the workspace and work flow with the intent to improve efficiency by eliminating waste, improving flow and reducing process unreasonableness." Now before you groan too much, I have to admit that it's pretty cool. For the most part, everything is clearly labeled and in its spot. From sticky labels on the desks ("tape," "stapler," etc) to tape on the floor ("do not put anything here," "trash," "dohicky cart"), there's a place and label for nearly everything. Navigating and getting what you need on the unit is much easier this way!

There's one thing, though, that makes me smile me up every time I see it. In the clean utility room, there are these arrow stickers on the floor that are arranged so that the wheels of an IV stand fit over it (like those toys kids play with where the block shape has to go into the corresponding hole). They totally remind me of the DDR scrolling arrows! Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment