Friday, May 23, 2008

Quack quack says the duck!

The other day when Gazza was doing her two whole hours (almost) of alone time, I had to keep myself occupied so I wouldn't freak out as well during the wait. At my mom's urging, not that I need it anymore, I walked down to Ivar's for some fish'n'chips. As soon as I sat down, a very curious duck waddled over, let out one quack, and watched me eating very intently. Now I know you're not supposed to feed the wildlife (yadda, yadda, yadda), but she asked nicely and I had some fries to spare. Turns out she catches a fry mid-air better than Gazza can catch a ball. Who knew ducks were so talented?

Anyway, there we sat, the duck and I, munching our fish'n'chips. She was cute. I hadn't been so near a duck since Easter tried to eat our toes when we were younger. Ducks are actually pretty cool! Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so!



Hey, did you know that the generic word "duck" is female and "drake" is male? Wikipedia doesn't lie! Also, I seem to recall something about ducks being really dirty. Was that just parental propaganda (sorry Mom and Dad) to keep kids from trying to handle the ducks, or is there something to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment