Friday, May 16, 2008

When there's nobody else around

"In sleeping children we see their futures. In adults we see their childhoods. We relax. Our waking masks lowered, we become truer versions of ourselves."
~Raul Gutierrez

One time I asked my dad what I looked like when I slept. I don't know what we had been talking about, but I got really curious to know. He said I slept with my arms over my head, and that he'd take a picture. In the picture my knees are bent up with my feet flat on the bed and my arms are holding my stuffed dog to my chest, though. From the looks of things, it doesn't appear like I had much choice. The stuffed animals were on their nightly migratory route to the floor.



Anyway, ever since then I've been more aware of the fact that I do sleep with my arms up over my head. Sometimes I'll wake up with my shoulders and arms numb, and I've jabbed myself in the face numerous times trying to move the wooden limbs over. I'm a bed swimmer as it is, I can only imagine the artificial elongation of my body doesn't help. No wonder Gazza gets all huffy when I can't find a comfortable position... like last night. Good grief, I don't know what was in the air, but it wasn't zolpidem, that's for sure!

And now that you know my sleeping habits, we'll move along... I was really just using that as a segue into this site. I spent too long laughing at the pictures and figured you all might get a kick out of them too :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice post but you've misspelled the guy's name. it's Gutierrez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! That's embarrassing- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy.....i love you for who you are. that picture of you with the stuffed animal dog is like forshadowing of you and the real dog (caboodles)......

    ReplyDelete