Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sam and Libby, Lib and Sam

Boy hanging over the side of the dock
Do you see any octopuses?
Boy pretending to be a pirate behind him
I don't smell any!
*silence*
Dock hanger
We must have scared them away!
Pirate
Yeah because I don't smell them!

And this is why I love watching kids. I wanted to get a picture of the two, but I think parents don't like strangers snapping pictures of their spawn?

Gazza and I spent the morning at Marymoor dog park. The day started out overcast but ended up beautiful and warm. After an hour and a half of hard running, swimming, and sniffing, she was getting tired. As luck would have it, I finally got in touch with Leanna as we were headed out of the park. Not wanting to go home just yet, we met up for her self-proclaimed National Ice Cream Day. Mmm, good company over Ben & Jerry's on a warm, sunny day! We spent the afternoon in Kirkland with all the other folks who were undoubtedly "sick."

I couldn't figure out why my forearms and legs were itching after I'd been out a while. They stopped after an hour or so, and I forgot about it until tonight. I think it was the sun. Yeah, I totally think my pasty limbs were reacting to the sun. My Arizona self is cringing, but I think my epidermal cells freaked out because they couldn't remember the steps to vitamin D synthesis. Apparently my brain isn't the only one with test anxiety. Anyway, I'm slightly burned now and will be tan tomorrow. Hooray for color!

On the way home this evening, I got to experience the famed 520 traffic. It was as bad as they say, but the drivers were kind of fun! They actually let other cars in and nobody was honking or tailing. Because it was so warm out, most cars had their windows down, and it made for good people watching. I saw no fewer than four people singing their hearts out. I laughed out loud when I saw them, and one girl laughed back! I actually sort of enjoyed the ride.

Rainier was beautiful today. So were the Cascades and Olympics, for that matter. I love living here! Gazza is passed out on the floor, but I think she does too. Dee is coming out for the summer for sure. I think she'll also agree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment