Sunday, June 22, 2008

In which I answer my own question

May it be known that I'm the world's worst speller. I kid you not (though I'm sure you've all noticed by now anyway), I consistently tested below the fiftieth percentile in school for spelling. I'm pretty sure I never passed any of those spelling "pretests" that are a rite of passage for American school children. Yep, Thursday nights found me cramming for the actual weekly spelling full on "test."

Since I won't have handy-dandy Google on hand during the writing portion of the GRE, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll just get docked for spelling. Kind of like I did in grade school for not writing cursive until they all just forgot about it.

Anyway, all this entry meant to ask was, why can't I ever spell "weird" correctly? I suppose I already know the answer to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment