Monday, June 16, 2008

Thinking this has to be a joke

I was beginning to think I'd been passed by, being the big money maker I apparently am. Everybody seems to have already received their economic stimulus checks. I found out that while I was busy forking over even more hard-earned money to Uncle Sam, everyone else filed electronically... and now are getting their checks earlier than me.

So you can imagine how excited I was to get a letter from the IRS regarding the stimulus check this afternoon (straight to the bank with that sucker!). And then you can also imagine how dismayed I was to find that the entire purpose of that letter was to let me know that I have a check coming... within six weeks.

Really? Are you serious? Not only are you giving me back virtually the same amount I paid in taxes (why don't we just call it even?), but also you are wasting money on postage to me and countless others to let us know the check is coming? We need to downsize this beast of a government and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment